I did not expect for THOR to be as action-packed as Ironman or the X-Men or other Marvel hits. I thought it would be odd for him to be pitted against even the strongest human or a fellow god. After all, he is the son of Odin- the alfather, the king of the gods. Haha, but what do I know, I’ve never read the the comicbook. In fact, I don’t read comicbooks at all. :p
So here are the observations of a comic-ignorant, boycrazy (well, sucker for hot guys) viewer like me.
* Chris Hemsworth is the perfect Thor. He makes a proud, arrogant, mighty and most of all…
SEXY BEAST GOD!
I just realized, almost all hot male protagonists have a putikan (mud) scene.
O, eto pa. Thor trying to remove the hammer aka Mjolnir.
Need tissue to wipe off your drool? :p~
* Odin isn’t the best role of Anthony Hopkins, it’s borderline boring. =( Shame on the scriptwriters. Tom Hiddleston as Loki is good. Loki the movie character didn’t appear as malevolent as the Loki in the comics. Sabi NILA superbad daw siya sa comics eh. I was actually moved in the scene when he killed the Frost Giants’ leader, Laufey. Oops, sorry. Spoiler! Kamown hit me with Thor’s hammer. Agent Coulson, the Guardian of the Gates, Heimdall, Sif and the Warriors Three: Volstagg, Frandral and Hogun were so-so. Volstagg reminds me of LOTR’s Gimli. :p Also a slimmer version of Hagrid. :p
* Natalie Portman isn’t a convincing astrophysicist (Dr. Jane Foster) but she is a charming leading lady for Thor. Kinikilig ako ‘pag kinikilig siya sa movie. Ganong levels. Hihhihi.
Her assistant Darcy (Kat Dennings) is cute but isn’t that much of an effective comic relief. Her scientist friend Dr. Selvig (Stellan Sakarsgard) had more depth than Dr. Foster and Darcy.
* Asgard is WOW. Kudos to the graphic artists and set designers! A big WTF to New Mexico’s set design. Hindi na sila umalis sa isang lugar? Saksakan ng drab ha. Pero gustong-gusto ko yung scene sa pet store when Thor declared, “I need a horse!”
* Like all Marvel movies, there’s a teaser after the credits. This time, it’s Nick Fury talking to Dr. Selvig about the fallen piece of the Bifrost/Rainbow Bridge (connector of the realms). Pero si Dr. Selvig ba talaga yun? No! It’s Loki! Hahaha, I am really provoking you to hit me with the Mjolnir, huh? LOL
* The plot is simple and straightforward and I guess I like it that way. It would have sucked if they made it so complex as to bastardize mythology. :p Congrats and thanks, Mr. Kenneth Branagh for not giving us a Shakesperean Thor. Hahaha! But then again, as I said from the start, I don’t read comic books and I’m primarily watched it for Thor’s abs.
AND I’M GONNA WATCH IT AGAIN TONIGHT.
My favorite lines from Thor:
Thor: My mortal form grows weak. I require sustenance!
Volstagg: Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!
* all images from: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/
listening to: Duck Sauce – Grand Steppin’