Celebrated Social Media Day at Opus in Resorts World last June 30. It was the night of the Globe Tattoo’s TATT AWARDS launch.
This project aims to give recognition to the most powerful and most influential online personalities. There are 10 categories that surely will make you want to nominate your friends, family members, colleagues, neighbors, or even yourself! The 10 categories are:
1. The One- the most influential trendsetter that shaped opinion, moved people, and ultimately starting fire in Philippine internet.
2. Ballbreaker- a blogger or a Twitter user who started a debate or revolution of opinions.
3. Stylisimo- that one person that not only reviewed fashion but also set one that everyone followed and loved.
4. Indie Rocker- musical bands and indie artists who fought hard to claim their space in the hearts of the Filipino audience who knew that webtime is better than airtime.
5. Wordslayer- a blogger whose mastery of words showed wit, humor and grit to the Philippine blogosphere.
6. Artiste- an inspiring person whose fiery passion for creating visual art through original graphic design, animation or photography has caught fire in the Philippine online art scene.
7. Tech Junkie- a person who do not only present us with access to the latest in trends, but also the backstage of the fast pace world of e-knowledge.
8. Thought-Mover- a person that started fire in the Philippine Twittersphere and united people around one thought. In 140 characters or less.
9. Video Slinger- that one video maker (individual or group) who shook the Pinoy web space with his creations, ignited thoughts, and entertained people online.
10. The Advocate- a person or a group of individuals who worked to improve the state of a societal cause in the Philippines through social media.
The ten winners will get 100k each. Winners are decided by public voting and a panel of judges– like Cecile Zamora-Van Straten of Chuvaness, Gang Badoy of Rock Ed Philippines, and veteran journalist (THE) Maria Ressa.
To vote, a person must log in to the Tatt Awards portal via their Facebook account. Voting period is from August 10, 12:00am to August 24, 11:59pm. Announcement of winner per category is on August 27, 2011.
For more info, visit http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards
listening to: Kelsey Rey – American Boy