(Warning: contains spoilers)
Farewell to the most important series of our generation. I witnessed the last installment of the masterpiece storytelling last Friday along with other of Pot(ter)heads. I couldn’t even munch on my potato chips because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 was just so engaging! I believe the rest of the theatre was as absorbed as I was because there were only a few times when I wanted to kick people for their unsolicited side comments.
I will always be a bigger fan of the books than the films, but the HP films did not disappoint me even once. Well, okay, once. Awful choice of Ginny, I must say. Blargh! Moving on, the final installment was suberbly crafted as a classic capper. There’s perfection in the dialogue, acting, musical scoring, and effects. A magical wave of the wand for everyone, especially to Director David Yates for making sure that the beloved classic gets an epic supernatural conclusion.
Here are the scenes that I loves the most:
1. When Professor MacGonagall cast a spell on the statues of Hogwarts and said “I always wanted to use that spell.” I liked this not only because it’s a kickass line, but because I remembered her role as Reverend Mother in my other all-time favorite, Sister Act.
from prayers to spells
2. When Ron and Hermione kissed. Kilig to the maximum level!!! I bet even the boys got kilig when our fave HP couple shared a kiss. The antithesis to this is the Harry-Ginny kiss. Blech. I really don’t like the onscreen Ginny.
3. When Neville slayed Nagini. From getting additional 10 points for Gryffindor (HP1) to destroying a Horcrux! The chubby awkward character has become a brave
FUCK YEAH, MATTHEW DAVID LEWIS!!!
4. When Harry looked at Snape’s memories through the Pensive. I bawled. Like when Dobby died. Waaaaah! I’ve always liked Snape! I’ve always thought that he’s a good guy! When he was asked if his patronus is a doe (like Lily’s) and he said ALWAYS… Waaaaahhh! Total cheeseball moment for me! *sigh* This part was done in absolute perfection.
5. And of course, the Epilogue. Arthur Cohen as Albus Severus was too adorable. :”) What if this isn’t really the end of the HP franchise and a couple of years from now, Albus Severus, James Sirius, and Lily Luna together with the Granger-Weasley kids- Rose and Hugo have magical adventures of their own? Unlikely, but not impossible. 🙂
Cute cute cuuuute!!!!!
I, of course, recommend that you watch this because a dementor will suck the soul out of your pathetic being if you don’t. If you’ve already seen it, well, watch again. I know I will!
I LOVE YOU, HARRY POTTER. I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS I LOVE BATMAN. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THAT’S A LOT.
listening to: Gomez – Ballad of Nice and Easy