A gigantic nutshell nga lang! :p 40 questions about this fantastic year answered!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Eat crickets, sleep by the lake, go on a blind date. Find the common denominator. Hahahahahaha!!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember making any for 2012. I think I made wishes lang. For 2013, my goal is to exercise. Yep, I will. I will bring sexy back.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A couple of friends and relatives did, like Anj, Kat, Cat, Herchell, Ate Bec etc. And yaaay ang cute ng babies nila!🙂 None of my besties gave birth though. But according to Kang, buntis na daw si Geri. Hahaha!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My paternal grandma passed away. Sadly, we weren’t close. I relearned to value people while they are alive because of this.
5. What countries did you visit? None, much to my friends’ dismay! Di bale guys. Nagwowork na ang pag-pressure niyo sa akin to get a passport. Konting pwersa pa. :p
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Time and money to travel. This will be a challenge considering my calendar of (work-related) activities for 2013, but I believe that God will help me find a way to satisfy my inner Dora The Explorer.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 14 / September 23 / October 11… all dates had something to do with answered prayers. :o)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Quitting smoking for real.
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting a close friendship crumble. I know maaayos rin ito someday. No rush. Okay naman ako. Sana okay rin siya.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Nothing serious, thank God! Na-untog lang, tumaas ng very light ang cholesterol at bumaba ang RBC. May toothache ako ngayon, praying that this will go away now na so I can eat ice cream later!
11. What was the best thing you bought? A cellphone for Daddy. A Nokia qwerty. Inexpensive but made but my erpats very happy.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? A lot of people that made me proud this year, but I will have to choose my godson Makus. I’m a very lucky ninang to have a perceptive, sensitive, sweet, cute, smart, and artistic inaanak. I love you very much, sweetheart!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I refuse to answer this due to legal purposes. NYAHAHAHA.
14. Where did most of your money go? Hands down, food. Takaw takaw, kaya naghuhugis bakulaw. (Yep, inasar ko sarili ko.)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? A promise I am still waiting to be fulfilled. :o)
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Human League – Together in Electric Dreams
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Definitely happier
b) thinner or fatter? Also definitely fatter
c) richer or poorer? Moneywise, same-same. In other (more important) things, most def richer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travel and read.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Work (I mean I should have been more efficient so I didn’t have to work long hours hehe) and I wish I weren’t so paranoid.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With the familia, with lots of food, lots of kiddies, lots of games… by the beach!!! Bongga!
21. Did you fall in love this year? YES, the kind that answers to 1 Cor 13. Uuuuyyyyy. Curious ka kung kanino? Well, I had to fall in love with someone in order for me to fall madly in love with JESUS. I will dance with Him and I believe that He will let the right man cut in. ;o)
22. What was your favorite TV program? MasterChef!!! US ha. Nadadramahan ako masyado sa MasterChef Pinoy Edition.😐
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope. Hate is a fleeting emotion for me. Tampuhin ako pero hindi ako nagtatanim ng galit o panibugho o kung ano pang malalim na Tagalog dyan. Nakaka-pangit lang ‘yan.
24. What was the best book you read? Hands down, the Holy Bible. Ang exciting pala magbasa nito ha. Akala ko dati boring eh. I used to skip OT books and lengthy verses.😛
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Casting Crowns for my walk of faith and Calvin Harris for my tugs-tugs-tugs/working under pressure moments. Listened to a lot of 80s and 90s music this year.
26. What did you want and get by year’s end? A small and special birthday celebration. Could have been more special, but… :p
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end? The reason for the BUT in #26. Too complicated to mention. Hehe. Basta I am working on my pagiging matampuhin and katarayan. What a complicated combination. Sorry sa lahat ng naging affected. :,(
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and Rurouni Kenshin
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Drinks with close friends, watched The Hobbit, and faith-talk over coffee and bibingka with Oryx.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Hmmm… An iPad? A beach trip?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Still simple and laidback. Maybe girlier because of the dresses. :p
32. What kept you sane? Who. Jesus.❤
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Batman and Thor!!! Tsaka si Ted Mosby. Hehe.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The RH Bill, of course. I am pro-discipline and self restraint. It’s already there, so let’s deal with it. I believe that God let it happen for His purpose and glory.
35. Who did you miss? Wala. I was able to let go of the people I should not miss anymore. (Pat on the back, self.)
36. Food that you ate the most this year. Pizza and siomai and pasta and vegetable sticks!
37. Who was the best new person you met? It’s a tie! Si Atty. Argel and (this year ko lang talaga totoong nakilala) si “Pastora” Jan. Both made me re-assess my values and they inspired me to become a better version of me. Medyo hindi lang halata na better version na ako. Wait lang. :p
38. Top 12 closest people to you this 2012. Mama, Daddy, Jap, Jan, Joel, Kat, Dave, Mommy Colleen, Donnie, Eunice, Cindy, and Mafi
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. LESSONS– To be more patient. To exercise more tolerance. To have faith in the inherent goodness of people. To completely trust in God’s unfailing love including His perfect timing.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I could be your dark enclosure/ I could be your romantic soul/ I could be your small beginning/ I could be your soothing universe/ I could be ordinary/ I COULD BE THE ONE
This is in line with my prayer that I would like to be a reason for joy, a source of strength, a channel of blessing, an answered prayer.
2012 has been a wonderful year for me, not by most people’s standards, I guess, but so what. :p Ang importante masaya ako at may peace of mind. I’m thankful to all those who have been a part of this year and I hope that you still will all be a part of my 2013. Thanks to my family, friends, colleagues, and churchmates! Thanks even to those strangers who were sent to touch my life!
Cheers to a more blessed year!
listening to: Donna Lewis – I Could Be The One